Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cocktail Friday Presents: The White Linen


hi·a·tus -/[hahy-ey-tuhs] noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.

  1. A break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
No need to fear, the hiatus is over - for now anyways! Summer has been a whirlwind full of fun activities & it seems it's over before I really got to enjoy it. In a last ditch effort to keep fall from closing in, I encourage you to find a cool location this weekend and treat yourself to cocktail hour – using of course this delicious recipe I am about to share with you!

A fabulous chicky at the bar I occasionally work shared this recipe with me; & boy am I happy she did!! Normally I am not a gin lover. In fact, I rather despised it until this fancy lil' drink made me a #1 FAN!! I'd rate this drink a 10 all around. The no hassle recipe & little prep makes anyone look like a pro. Combinations of  lemon & cucumber are pure bottled sunshine & I added a small sprig of mint because I think it's delicious! But it's how these elements work with the natural flavors in the gin that makes this hand crafted cocktail so genius.

Essence of pine & mint instantly transport me through a forest of eucalyptus and red woods. I imagine I'm winding through the roads of Muir Woods ~ it's like vacation in a glass.....oops, caught in a day dream! Shake it off! Okay, I'm back. But of all these yummy ingredients, it's the Elderflower liqueur that really gives this drink its name. In other words, White Linen - St. Germain = Not a White Linen. Capeesh?

Time for one more day dream! I want you to close your eyes and envision yourself tangled in freshly washed sheets, hung out to dry. The sun is tingling on your skin, the coolness of the sheets give a slight chill over the warm breeze. Now, take a deep breath...can you smell the crisp fresh clean of the linen? It's an unmistakable scent most love, but wait until you taste it…freshly washed sheets never tasted so good! I know it sounds funny, but you'll see exactly what I mean after you try this baby out & you won't be disappointed! So with no further a due ~ Ladies' & Gentlemen….
The White Linen

Ingredients:
· 1 ½ oz gin – I prefer Nolet's Dry Gin
· ½ oz St. Germain Elderflower Liquor
· ½ oz Simple Syrup
· 1 oz Lemon Juice
· 5-6 thin slices English cucumber

 & 1 Mint sprig (optional)
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and muddle to break up the mint and cucumber - shake well. Strain into a highball glass with ice, top with soda water and garnish with a cucumber . Sip and enjoy. Clinky! (also read as Cheers!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment