Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Love the Beach!


I celebrated the long weekend by heading to the ocean! It couldn't have been a more beach-perfect day! I live in the Sacramento area of California, so the beach isn't exactly in my backyard. But I love it so much that during the summer I try to go at least a couple of times a month. My favorite Nor Cal beach is Stinson. This beautiful treasure is located just above Marin on Hwy 1, on the outskirts of Muir Woods. The drive in is scenic and a bit curvy (beware those that get carsick), but who would trade the views! This little town is in no way short on character. You'll find a few small hotels to accommodate travelers, a liquor store with a coffee cart stationed outside, a library and two fabulous little restaurants (The Sand Dollar and Breakers) right on the main strip. Visit the Sand Dollar, for great food, friendly bartenders who craft awesome drinks and a warm patio.

Try the Fish Tacos!



Best (& possibly the only) breakfast in town



Stinson Beach looking South to Muir Beach


Stinson Beach looking North to Bolinas

The beach is pristine! The sand is soft and the water is clean, great boogie boarding conditions. Unless it's a super hot day though, that cold Nor Cal water is sure to shock you. I prefer the beach closer to the beach houses as it is dog friendly! All kinds of pooches running around, fetching balls and Frisbee provide endless hours of entertainment for me (and my little pup too!)







So, for all of you beach people in Nor Cal, I highly suggest a visit to this California gem; you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking about maybe going to the Beach this weekend with the fam, and now I believe I have made up my mind!!! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete